Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Foodgasm: Double Dipps, De Sushi, & Giggle Box

Yay to the ultra big and fine quality banner. My arms looks pretty manly there, so I cover it with text. Gahahahaha

Anyway, I'm gonna talk about three restaurant that I visited recently. Since I'm not intending to review their place, this is all about what I feel when I ate there. No photos of the restaurant itself, or the atmosphere, and what of it. Too much work to do. I didn't even remember the exact price #fail

Double Dipps
Jl. Diponegoro (Siranda) No. 8D-E, Semarang - Jawa Tengah
(024) 8445291 - 8445295
Since my friends said it's a pretty new cafe, I decided to do some websearch about it. I found their official web (seems like Semarang's double dipps is actually a branch store, with their main store located at Jakarta) and decided to look through their displayed menu there. I was surprised to see that they served Indo-China dishes. What? But that is real. When I take a look at the real-life menu, they really serve bakmi ayam! (chicken noodle, basically noodles served with cooked chopped chicken. sometimes with mushroom, yeah. I take it that you understand what I mean) That's the first time I heard a cafe serving bakmi ayam :/ Hahahaha

Overall, service is pretty good. Drinks came out pretty fast, but the food came out a little late. It's not too expensive either, deff. a choice for college student. Hahahaha. A pity that the variation of food is not that much. And although they supposed to sell donuts too, I didn't see that much donuts being displayed. Probably just two dozen of them? Not that much variation either. Maybe I just came at the bad time, cause they're in the middle of making new batch of donuts when we're going home. Hahaha!

Anyhoo, this is pictures of what my friend and I ordered.
Mine is the second from left. Iced Vanilla Latte. It tasted like coffee. Just regular coffee.

Here is the food. Laksa Singapore. It taste pretty good, a little bit fishy tho. Probably from the seafood broth. Surprisingly, my sensitive lips didn't itch after I ate this. Safe seafood! Mom asked me to bring her here later, so I'll probably do. Hahahaha

De'Sushi
Jl. Kawi No.3, Semarang - Jawa Tengah
(024) 8504323
 Not the first time I ate here, so that means this place is worth a second visit. As the name indicated, this is yet another attempt of Japanese restaurant. Kinda like Sushi Tei, with a fewer choice of menu but still enough variation so you won't get bored.

Overall, service is very good. The waiter and waitress will come to offer you refill, in case you order ocha. They'll take your empty dishes too, not just once but everytime you got empty plate laying around on your table. Yay to clean table! The only minus is probably their food sometimes came out really late. Today my friend order sushi and okonomiyaki. The sushi came first, and as we're halfway finished the okonomiyaki didn't come yet. I thought apps was supposed to come first? 0____0

Herbivor roll that I ordered. I tried to order something that didn't have shrimp on it, since today my lips are giving me trouble. So I order the vege roll, with only seaweed and mushroom inside, topped with melted cheese. They're good tho.

Gyoza. They look much prettier and chubbier than when I ordered them the first time. Stilll taste the same tho, it's a little bit sour. I wonder what's causing it.

My friend's okonomiyaki. I just need to take a picture of it. This is supposed to be a beef okonomiyaki, but I think the put a little too much cheese on the bater? I tasted cheesy.

Giggle Box
Jl. Diponegoro (Siranda) No.45, Semarang - Jawa Tengah
When giggle box finally opened, it is becoming such a hype, making even me wanting to try it. From the outside, the resto got such a good atmosphere. Giving away some kind of vintage feeling. You just got that "I gotta visit this place" when you passed by it. Price are pretty decent, I could even say it's cheap actually.

My comment? Well, I'm actually pretty disappointed. I was pretty excited at first, but when I went inside, it's jam-packed noisy. You don't get that serene feeling that it gave from the outside. Food arrangement didn't appease to my eyes. Although the food came out very fast, they're all peachy warm, or just plain cold. Like pre-made food that got half-heartedly re-heated. Okay, I got it. This place is so popular that it's never lacked customer. Cooking on the spot would be tough, but you can at least make it pipping hot and looking fresh! A lot of menu got sold out quick even when it's not the end of service day. They didn't serve the food with a tray, and I saw the finger of the waiter accidentally touched my fries. Great. The cutlery and the plates are either oily, or sticky. Like they didn't clean it properly. Totally feel heart-broken after eating here. 

Didn't even took individual photos. 
Spaghetti bolognese (that my friend said didn't taste great. Sauce is lacking, and they look like instant spaghetti from lafonte), French Fries (it's tasty, but everybody could fry fries with no condiments whatsoever, not even salt), and my chocolate pancake (that is thin and not airy at all).

Ice Green Tea Latte. It taste pretty decent. Probably the only one I didn't regret ordering.

That is food adventure, sometimes you got a yay, sometimes you got a nay.  

No comments:

Post a Comment